This course is a private, customized course designed to help an individual or small group of students to develop the knowledge, skills and attitude that are necessary to competently use a handgun for self-defense purposes. The course will consist of 3-4 hours of classroom time and 8 hours of hands on range time to accomplish the goals of this class. Cost of this class is $500/student. 3 student maximum per session.
• Equipment choices
• Manual of arms basics for your chosen platform including:
-Loading/unloading, operation of safeties/de-cocking levers
-Safe and legal storage at home and in transit
• Fundamentals of good marksmanship – grip, sight alignment, trigger pull, ready positions…etc.
• Managing reloads during a self defense situation
• Managing malfunctions during a self defense situation
• Shooting positions – Standing, kneeling, prone
• Legal and moral implication on use of lethal force
• Situational awareness
• Avoidance, de-escalation, escape
• Planning and preparation
The pacing of the class may vary depending on the skill level of all the students and we may or may not cover all of the subjects intended. Safety considerations will be first priority in the instructor’s decision on the pace of the class.