When: May 9, 2020
Where: Burro Canyon Shooting Park – Range East 1A
Instructor(s): Alex Tham
This class is designed for first time and new shooters who wish to safely and responsibly own and use a handgun. The goal for this class is to teach the following:
• Firearms safety
• Manual of arms basics for all handguns:
- Loading/unloading, operation of safeties/de-cocking levers
- Safe and legal storage at home and in transit
- Proper care and maintenance of a handgun
• Fundamentals of good marksmanship – grip, sight alignment, trigger pull, ready positions…etc.
• Laws and regulations regarding purchase, ownership, transport and storage of firearms
Click here to download course syllabus: Beginner Handgun Course Syllabus
Classroom instruction will be via Zoom meeting on Friday 5/8/20 from 7 pm - 9 pm. Zoom meeting link will be sent out to all students who've signed up.
Range instruction will be on 5/9/2020 at Burro Canyon. Please arrive at range by 9:30 am.